Gossip- 16 January 2017 < Back to gossip
Roasted beetroot and celeriac salad
This is a really hearty, satisfying salad and it looks so colourful with the red beetroot and pomegranate seeds. Use ready-cooked quinoa for speed – let’s make things easy on ourselves!! – but cook your own if you have the time.
- 283 calories per serving
- 1 red onion, cut into cubes or wedges
- ½ celeriac, cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 300g pack of cooked beetroot, drained and cut into wedges
- 3 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 250g ready-cooked mixed colour quinoa
- 50g hard goat cheese, crumbled
- 30g pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley or mint
- salt and black pepper
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cooking: 30 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Put the red onion and celeriac in a large shallow roasting tin and drizzle with a tablespoon of the olive oil. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper, then pop them in the oven to roast for 15 minutes.
2. Add the beetroot and a tablespoon of the pomegranate molasses and roast for another 15 minutes.
3. If using ready-cooked quinoa, warm it up according to the packet instructions and tip it into a bowl.
4. Tip the roasted vegetables on top of the quinoa and scatter over the cheese, pomegranate seeds and parsley or mint. Add the rest of the pomegranate molasses and olive oil and season well.
If you have time to cook your own quinoa, you’ll need about 75g. Rinse it well, then put it in a saucepan and toast it for a couple of minutes. Add 200ml of water or stock and season with salt. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down to a simmer, cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes. By this time all the water should be absorbed. Remove from the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes before using.
Sugar Free in a Hurry is a great way to eat less sugar and feel fantastic even if you're short on time! Delicious and healthy family recipes that help you balance blood sugar, lose weight and feel amazing!! Available now on Amazon, Waterstones and WHSmith.